My Alaskan Wilderness…blog #6 1 comment

My Alaskan wilderness is a paradox for me. It is in my walks in the wild places where I may find them  in Ohio at this point. I have always enjoyed the wilderness and I seek to learn and live closer to nature each waking moment. In my travels, whether I am hunting, fishing, hiking, camping, or any other number of outdoor activities, the deep wilderness of my dreams I lust for. Alaska is the real last frontier that is offered to a like minded individuals as myself.

SAM_2850

The above picture is that of a wild place that I have enjoyed for twenty years. I grew up across the road from this area and it was a large parcel of wild, over grown land in which I spent days and nights exploring. Nights after my factory job I would wander through the dark woods while watching deer, coyotes and other nocturnal animals enjoy this great area. During the day, I hunted and fished the area. It was always a place of wonder for me, and close by too! I was quite lucky to live across from my mini-wilderness. Now the above area is a sliver of wild area that is left. The other areas are houses and devastated wetlands that are in the process of being built upon. Both pictures I have taken only days ago.

SAM_2720

Now the areas that I hike in are mostly park lands. I share the trails with city folk who wear too much perfume and run their fluffy lap dogs. It is a far cry from what I grew up with. Alaskan wilderness beckons me to come up to the Northwest and explore it. I study about it, I dream about it. One day I will explore it and count my blessings when I leave Ohio and I have real wilderness to enjoy.

Eric in woods